The government announced draconian new measures for Limassol and Paphos on Wednesday to restrict the spread of the coronavirus which will see a ban on all movement in and out of the two cities for 15 days.
- Limassol and Paphos will enter a 15-day lockdown, beginning Thursday night, with the focus on restricting movement.
- The curfew in those two cities will be from 8pm to 5am and movement in or out of the areas will be prohibited – checks will be enforced by the police.
- All public gatherings banned
- Exceptions to the movement ban in those areas will apply to essential state employees such as doctors, nurses, teachers and so on.
- As for schools, lyceums will close from November 16 and lessons for those students will move online.
- Nurseries, primary schools and gymnasiums will remain open.